Course Name- HDA (Helideck Assistant)
Course Duration- 2 Days
Assessment – 100% Attendance
Course Fee – *Prices Are Per Person, Subject to Change
Course Availability – Courses Are Run Anytime Throughout the Year (Subject to Public Holidays) To Meet Your Needs.
The aims and objectives of the HDA (Helideck Assistant) and HERTM (Helideck Emergency Response Team Member) Training Programme is to equip the delegate with the initial knowledge, understanding and skills required to perform the role of Offshore Helideck Assistant (HDA) safely and effectively.
It is to equip Offshore Helideck Assistants with the knowledge, understanding and skills required to perform an emergency response team member role in offshore helideck and helicopter emergencies and practice responding to a variety of helideck firefighting and non-firefighting emergency scenarios in a training environment.
The target group for the Offshore HDA and HERTM Programme is personnel who are to be appointed to the role of an Offshore HDA.
• Understand key parts of relevant helideck operation regulations and guidelines
• Understand helideck obstacle, hazards associated with offshore helideck operations.
• Understand meteorological requirements for offshore helicopter operations
• Understand how dangerous goods are identified, packaged and labeled according to IATA and ICAO regulations
• Understand typical HDA duties & responsibilities during helicopter operations.
• Helicopter operational procedures prior to landing on deck and take off.
• Use hand held radios correctly, complying with radio communications protocol.
• Assist HLO with communication checks, checking helideck equipment status, safety nets, security and stowage of helideck equipment.
• Wear appropriate HDA PPE during helicopter operations.
• Load and unload passenger baggage correctly, using correct manual handling techniques.